Mechanic / Service Writer
Job title: Mechanic / Service Writer / Customer Service
Hours: Seasonal Full-Time or Part-Time
Location: Assenmacher’s Cycling Center
We are looking for a fun and energetic person to join our team at a locally owned bike shop in downtown Swartz Creek and Hill road. Work as part of the service / mechanic team.
Key responsibilities & duties
- Checking in repairs
- Completing repairs on time
- Bicycle Tune Ups, Overhauls, Wheel Truing, Suspension Work, Bike Building, & Safety Checks
- Provide the highest level of prompt and friendly customer service; including greeting and thanking customers.
- Ensure great customer service by providing a friendly environment
- Answer phone and book service appointments
- Guiding and solving customers questions
- Display exceptional knowledge of products and service (we will train you)
- Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges
- Assist in store cleaning, product processing and replenishing merchandise.
- Work with Sales team to complete and finalize sales
- Instruct customers on how to get the most out of their bicycles
- Basic merchandising
Experience and Skills
- Ability to multitask and handle miscellaneous duties as needed
- Superior customer service skills and a positive attitude are essential to interact with customers and employees.
- Very personable and outgoing.
- Ability to work weekends
- Reliable and dependable
- Extremely organized
- Good work ethic
- Interest in bicycles
Service industry experience a plus